Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Constantly connecting to Spectrum Wifi Hotspots

So I had installed the spectrum app a few months back and had installed the profile to have access to the wifi hotspots. Upon use the wifi is actually much slower than lte so i removed the profile and the app but my phone still re-connects to the wifi hotspot. I have checked in the wifi page and there is no "auto-join" tick so i can shut it off. It is very annoying. I constantly will have music/maps cut out while i have the phone mounted in my car since its trying to reconnect to the slow wifi hotspot.

iPhone XS, 12

Posted on Feb 2, 2019 2:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2019 11:06 AM

Those of us who are no longer paying customers of twc/spectrum can no longer get help from twc/spectrum, we do not have service accounts and our credentials no longer work. This is why many people over the years have been coming to Apple for help. There are many threads here that have become locked with no solutions.

A company that is advertising itself as the privacy/secure phone product in its latest marketing campaign has allowed these "profiles" to linger on our devices even though we delete the profile, delete the two/spectrum apps, "forget" the wifi networks, yet when we go to restaurants, doctor's offices, and businesses near spectrum wifi locations we get spammed by Apple iOS prompting us for a password.

I've even logged into my Mac to ensure there is no spectrum/twc/cable wifi and similar SSID in my apple profile's list of all the SSIDs I've ever connected to and there is none there, yet Apple iOS still interrupts us and prompts us for a password for a service/application/profile/SSID which we have already removed.

Others have reported here that reset network setting have not worked, and others have reported that full phone reset and restore's have brought the settings back.

Apple's programming has allowed that settings removed by the user are not truly removed.

Full phone resets without a phone restore are not an acceptable solution.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2019 11:06 AM in response to ProustGiulio

Those of us who are no longer paying customers of twc/spectrum can no longer get help from twc/spectrum, we do not have service accounts and our credentials no longer work. This is why many people over the years have been coming to Apple for help. There are many threads here that have become locked with no solutions.

A company that is advertising itself as the privacy/secure phone product in its latest marketing campaign has allowed these "profiles" to linger on our devices even though we delete the profile, delete the two/spectrum apps, "forget" the wifi networks, yet when we go to restaurants, doctor's offices, and businesses near spectrum wifi locations we get spammed by Apple iOS prompting us for a password.

I've even logged into my Mac to ensure there is no spectrum/twc/cable wifi and similar SSID in my apple profile's list of all the SSIDs I've ever connected to and there is none there, yet Apple iOS still interrupts us and prompts us for a password for a service/application/profile/SSID which we have already removed.

Others have reported here that reset network setting have not worked, and others have reported that full phone reset and restore's have brought the settings back.

Apple's programming has allowed that settings removed by the user are not truly removed.

Full phone resets without a phone restore are not an acceptable solution.

Constantly connecting to Spectrum Wifi Hotspots

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.