Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone device has been remotely deleted

My last iPhone was stolen and I blocked it. When this happened the person who stole it wanted to “sell” it to me and I refused (I live in Peru and these things happen all the time). Yesterday I got a phone call and one lady told me she was from apple support and that someone was trying to unblock my old iPhone, unfortunately I believed her and put my Apple ID and password on a link she provided, then I notice this was suspicious but it was too late. What I did is check my gmail account which is the one I use for my Apple ID and there were messages indicating my ID had been used in Canada. I changed my password immediately. Today when I woke up I find my new IPhone rebooted, as if new. When I checked my gmail account it said that they had erased my device. This process started the same minute this scammer contacted me. I am really distressed and I would like to know why they do this (to unblock my old iPhone) and most importantly how can I make sure my Apple ID is not being used by them.

iPhone XR, 12

Posted on Feb 2, 2019 3:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2019 5:44 AM

You might want to consider changing your password and making sure it is a strong one. You can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account for more security. If the attempts continue, you might want to consider a name change.

Apple ID Name Change

Apple ID Password Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2019 5:44 AM in response to delia161

You might want to consider changing your password and making sure it is a strong one. You can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account for more security. If the attempts continue, you might want to consider a name change.

Apple ID Name Change

Apple ID Password Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

iPhone device has been remotely deleted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.