Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I have different volumes for different apps that utilize sound in some way?

I would like my ringer to be one volume, my music another, and my alarm yet another level. Is there a way to set all these different levels? I turn down the volume at night for my alarm, then often forget about doing so. The next day I either miss a call cause I didn't hear the phone ringing, or I get in my car and when I go to stream music, I have to turn the car volume up all the way cause the volume on my phone is turned down so low. If there is a way to setup different levels, then I'd really like to learn how to do this. If not, then there certainly needs to be a way to do this!!!!

Posted on Feb 5, 2019 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2019 4:35 PM

You misunderstood what I was and still am trying to accomplish. I know that I can adjust the volume using the side buttons. That's not the problem. Let's see if I can explain it better:

I want to be able to preset volumes for different things and have their levels remain static and completely independent of any volume adjustments I may make using the side buttons. If I set a volume of 30 percent of range for my morning alarm, 50 percent of the range for my phone ringer, and 65 percent for iTunes, and 40 percent for messages, I don't want them to change unless while I'm using them I change the volume manually.

For example: While listening to music I manually adjust the volume up to nearly the max and leave it there when I close the music app. The next morning when my alarm goes off, it goes off at the 30 percent I preset it for, even though I left the volume turned way up for the music I was listening to, which was the last adjustment made to the volume. This is what I'm trying to accomplish with my question posted here. I don't want to have to remember to turn the volume down when going to bed to ensure that it isn't too loud in the morning when it goes off. Conversely, I don't want to have to boost the volume again when my phone connects to my car radio to stream music to it via bluetooth because I had it turned way down for the alarm that morning. You see? Sounds to me like this would make a great app for someone to develop or a cool new feature for Apple to add in an iOS update. Thanks.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2019 4:35 PM in response to MrBill3

You misunderstood what I was and still am trying to accomplish. I know that I can adjust the volume using the side buttons. That's not the problem. Let's see if I can explain it better:

I want to be able to preset volumes for different things and have their levels remain static and completely independent of any volume adjustments I may make using the side buttons. If I set a volume of 30 percent of range for my morning alarm, 50 percent of the range for my phone ringer, and 65 percent for iTunes, and 40 percent for messages, I don't want them to change unless while I'm using them I change the volume manually.

For example: While listening to music I manually adjust the volume up to nearly the max and leave it there when I close the music app. The next morning when my alarm goes off, it goes off at the 30 percent I preset it for, even though I left the volume turned way up for the music I was listening to, which was the last adjustment made to the volume. This is what I'm trying to accomplish with my question posted here. I don't want to have to remember to turn the volume down when going to bed to ensure that it isn't too loud in the morning when it goes off. Conversely, I don't want to have to boost the volume again when my phone connects to my car radio to stream music to it via bluetooth because I had it turned way down for the alarm that morning. You see? Sounds to me like this would make a great app for someone to develop or a cool new feature for Apple to add in an iOS update. Thanks.

How can I have different volumes for different apps that utilize sound in some way?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.