Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just started setting up my iphone xs max today and then its been almost an hour and it is still in process the saying is " it make take a few minutes to set up your apple id".what should I need to do

I just started setting up my iphone xs max. The problem is that, its been almost an hour and it is in process amd the saying is ' it may take a few minutes to set up your apple id'. Wjat should I need to do?

Posted on Feb 5, 2019 1:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2019 1:44 PM

Hi.

This experience is not what you are expecting from a new phone.

Restart your phone:

1. Press and hold the Side button and either volume button until the slider appears.
  2. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
  3. After your device turns off, press and hold the Side button again until you see the Apple logo.

Wait a minute and use the power button to restart your phone. See if the process continues once restarted. Also make sure you are connected to Wi-Fi.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2019 1:44 PM in response to 2progress

Hi.

This experience is not what you are expecting from a new phone.

Restart your phone:

1. Press and hold the Side button and either volume button until the slider appears.
  2. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
  3. After your device turns off, press and hold the Side button again until you see the Apple logo.

Wait a minute and use the power button to restart your phone. See if the process continues once restarted. Also make sure you are connected to Wi-Fi.

I just started setting up my iphone xs max today and then its been almost an hour and it is still in process the saying is " it make take a few minutes to set up your apple id".what should I need to do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.