Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn down FaceTime volume while watching videos

Is there a way to stop FaceTime from lowering my system volume? Whenever I am on a FaceTime call with someone and I try to play a video or music, the sound is significantly lower (even with paired bluetooth headphones and the other person on mute). Does anybody have a solution for this?

Thank you!

#audioducking #facetime #admins

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 5, 2019 3:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2019 1:02 PM

Hello spidermonkey07,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are having an audio issue when using FaceTime on your Mac. To help with your issue, please open the VoiceOver Utility app in the Utilities folder that is in the Applications folder on your Mac. Then click the Sound option in the sidebar and make sure the "Enable audio ducking" option is unchecked. Then test your issue again.

Sound category, VoiceOver Utility on Mac

Mute or change the volume for FaceTime calls on Mac

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2019 1:02 PM in response to spidermonkey07

Hello spidermonkey07,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are having an audio issue when using FaceTime on your Mac. To help with your issue, please open the VoiceOver Utility app in the Utilities folder that is in the Applications folder on your Mac. Then click the Sound option in the sidebar and make sure the "Enable audio ducking" option is unchecked. Then test your issue again.

Sound category, VoiceOver Utility on Mac

Mute or change the volume for FaceTime calls on Mac

Cheers!

How to turn down FaceTime volume while watching videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.