Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i just updated to 12.1.4 on my iPad and there is still a red #1 next to the settings icon. I updated my iPhone and did not have this issue.

i just updated to 12.1.4 on my iPad and there is still a red #1 next to the settings icon. I updated my iPhone and did not have this issue.

iPad Pro, 12

Posted on Feb 7, 2019 1:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2019 7:14 AM

Apple Care had me sign out of iCloud on my iPad then sign back in. That fixed the problem. The only thing is that by doing that I had to go back and change my iCloud preferences with my Apple Music account and a few other iCloud options.

6 replies

Feb 7, 2019 1:53 PM in response to Mikeshave

Reboot your iPad.

• On an iPad Pro 11-inch or iPad Pro 12.9-inch: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Power button until the device restarts.
  • On an iPad with a home button press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.