Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't partition HD after failed boot-camp install

Hi, I have tried to Install Windows using Boot Camp, so I've allocated a partition for it (50gb)

It didn't work, and now I can't get it back using "Disk Utility" and also "Boot Camp" continuously keeps on crashing.

I have macOS High Sierra

please help...

Thanks,

Udi

MacBook Pro 13", 10.13

Posted on Feb 8, 2019 12:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2019 1:10 PM

Partitioning that's become corrupted is not particularly recoverable, unfortunately.

If the Boot Camp tools can't free up the storage allocated to the Windows partition, then back up all of what you can to external storage, wipe the HDD or SSD, and repartition the HDD or SSD as GPT, and reinstall and restore.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2019 1:10 PM in response to udigold1

Partitioning that's become corrupted is not particularly recoverable, unfortunately.

If the Boot Camp tools can't free up the storage allocated to the Windows partition, then back up all of what you can to external storage, wipe the HDD or SSD, and repartition the HDD or SSD as GPT, and reinstall and restore.

Can't partition HD after failed boot-camp install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.