Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes won't play entire album-starts playing track from unrelated album after playing 1 track

I’m running iTunes 12.7.5.9 under OS X Sierra (10.12.6), on a MacBookPro with 2.5 GHz processor and 4 GB memory. 

After I started using OS X El Capitan (10.11) a while back, I noticed a bug in iTunes I had never encountered before. I would start playing an album, and after playing the first track it would skip to an unrelated album and start it. I would then put the first album back on and play the next track, but again iTunes would not go forward in the same album. It would skip to start a different one.

I upgraded to OS X Sierra (10.12.6), with iTunes 12.7.5.9, which is my current version. The upgrade was supposed to include bug fixes, but it didn’t fix this one. iTunes still has the same problem. 

Will it necessary to upgrade to OS 10.13 or 14 to fix the bug? Or is there an iTunes update available separately that will do the job? 

It is really annoying because I love iTunes, and have used it since 2002. I have never had this issue in earlier versions of the OS or of iTunes.

Dewayne Dulaney, “El Profe”

MacBook Pro 13", 10.12

Posted on Feb 9, 2019 5:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2019 2:07 AM

See Play, repeat, and shuffle music - Apple Support. Perhaps you've inadvertently engaged shuffle mode.

tt2

Similar questions

5 replies

Feb 10, 2019 8:07 PM in response to turingtest2

Hi again, tt2:

You were right. Shuffle mode was engaged. I don't know how it happened, as I never use shuffle. Anyway, I went to the Controls menu and sure enough, Shuffle was checked "On". I changed it to "Off" and tried playing the album again. So far it's working great and going thru the tracks automatically, in order, as desired.

I consider this solved now. Thanks again for your help!

Dewayne Dulaney

iTunes won't play entire album-starts playing track from unrelated album after playing 1 track

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.