Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes on PC won't play the next song

I'm using iTunes version 12.2.9.6. in Windows. When I try to shuffle a playlist or even the general songs library the next song in the queue won't play automatically. When the song ends there is silence, but when I click on any of the menus the next song in the shuffle queue starts. All of the songs are checked. I've tried in several playlists with the same result. Also, the gauge at the top of the screen that shows how much of the song has played and how much is remaining doesn't move. The buttons to the right of the time gauge also don't do anything (one looks like it would show the queue of songs, not sure what the other does...it's to the right of the search cell). I can click on the "For you", "Browse", "Radio", and "Store" buttons, but nothing happens. I also can't close iTunes without going to task manager. Appreciate any help. Thanks.

Posted on Dec 8, 2018 9:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2018 10:08 AM

Could the songs in the list be set to Skip when shuffling on the Get Info > Options tab? Shuffle play ignores these and unchecked tracks. If there is nothing valid left to play then the queue stops.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply

iTunes on PC won't play the next song

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.