Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My date won’t show on lock screen

On my lock screen or when I slide down my phone will not display the date under the time it is displaying

the battery percentage.I need to know how to display the date under the time instead of the battery percentage

iPhone 8 Plus, 12

Posted on Feb 10, 2019 5:30 AM

2 replies

Feb 11, 2019 11:43 AM in response to Cosmo_wanda

Hello Cosmo_wanda,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. I understand you're not seeing the date on your Lock screen.

Is this happening while your device is connected to the charger? If so, this would be normal behavior.

On the other hand, if you're not charging your device when you see this happening, there are a few things to consider.

Does your iPhone charge as expected? Also, are you using an Apple-certified charger? If you're running into charging issues outside of the battery percentage on the Lock screen, I recommend checking out the information here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't charge

Does it help if you Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch?

Also, which iOS version are you using under Settings > General > About? If you're not using iOS 12.1.4, I recommend updating: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

I hope this helps!

Take care.

Feb 19, 2019 1:03 PM in response to MoonJ.

I have the same issue, and none of these solutions are of any use. I restarted my phone and when it came back on, the date was shown as usual. However, after unlocking my phone once, the battery percentage was shown under the time on my lock screen thereafter. My phone charges as usual, both wirelessly and using a cable. The charge does not change unusually either, using lasting upwards of 12 hours. I am on the latest version of iOS as well. I use an iPhone X that I have had for 14 months. What I’m trying to say, essentially, is that there are no issues with my phone whatsoever, and hence this is purely a software bug. Will there be a patch soon?

My date won’t show on lock screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.