Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad pro touch screen not working well

Touch screen not always working, freezes for a coupl seconds, screen and (on screen) keyboard both.

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 10, 2019 6:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2019 7:56 PM

This is NOT what you are going to want to read/learn, but this is a known issue across all iPad Pro year and models ( even the brand new 2018, 3rd gen iPad Pro models ) and it is starting to affect both the 2018 and 2017 6th and 5th gen 9.7 inch screen iPads, too!!

I am beginning to think that this is a growing issue that is NOT hardware related, but either iOS 11 and/or iOS 12 related bug.

I have a 1st gen, 12.9 inch screen iPad Pro still running iOS 10.3.3 and I am NOT experiencing these recent intermittent touch screen issues.

The best you can do is alert Apple to this growing issue.

The only way to get Apple to, DIRECTLY, listen to you is to use their feedback portion of their website.

iPad Feedback

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

Cognizant Apple employees read ALL feedback generated from all of the various feedback pages and transfers the data to the proper and responsible Apple teams and personnel , but NO Apple employees will ever respond with any type of direct, individual replies from the feedback you post.

The more users that post product feedback about any product issue, the faster Apple is made aware and starts working on a fix/solution for a future software update.

Also, you may want to phone contact Apple, directly in Cupertino, California, and calmly talk to an Apple customer service employee about this issue via the link below.

Contact - How to Contact Us - Apple

Here is a Possible Temporary Solution from user Andrew Ngo

Original posting from here.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8653631

Quote below.

“For those whom have touch screen unresponsive issue with iOS 12.1.....

Goto Setting -> General -> Accessibility -> Touch Accommodations, Turn on Touch Accommodations. Leave everything else in the options alone.

All my touch issues gone!”

Try his solution and if it works, go to the post link I supplied and let him whether know his solution worked for you, or not.

Good Luck to You!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2019 7:56 PM in response to madoono

This is NOT what you are going to want to read/learn, but this is a known issue across all iPad Pro year and models ( even the brand new 2018, 3rd gen iPad Pro models ) and it is starting to affect both the 2018 and 2017 6th and 5th gen 9.7 inch screen iPads, too!!

I am beginning to think that this is a growing issue that is NOT hardware related, but either iOS 11 and/or iOS 12 related bug.

I have a 1st gen, 12.9 inch screen iPad Pro still running iOS 10.3.3 and I am NOT experiencing these recent intermittent touch screen issues.

The best you can do is alert Apple to this growing issue.

The only way to get Apple to, DIRECTLY, listen to you is to use their feedback portion of their website.

iPad Feedback

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

Cognizant Apple employees read ALL feedback generated from all of the various feedback pages and transfers the data to the proper and responsible Apple teams and personnel , but NO Apple employees will ever respond with any type of direct, individual replies from the feedback you post.

The more users that post product feedback about any product issue, the faster Apple is made aware and starts working on a fix/solution for a future software update.

Also, you may want to phone contact Apple, directly in Cupertino, California, and calmly talk to an Apple customer service employee about this issue via the link below.

Contact - How to Contact Us - Apple

Here is a Possible Temporary Solution from user Andrew Ngo

Original posting from here.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8653631

Quote below.

“For those whom have touch screen unresponsive issue with iOS 12.1.....

Goto Setting -> General -> Accessibility -> Touch Accommodations, Turn on Touch Accommodations. Leave everything else in the options alone.

All my touch issues gone!”

Try his solution and if it works, go to the post link I supplied and let him whether know his solution worked for you, or not.

Good Luck to You!

iPad pro touch screen not working well

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.