Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't buy AppleCare Protection Plan

Hi there! 10 days before the end of my 1-year warranty period I've decided to extend warranty period by purchasing of AppleCare Protection Plan for my MacBook Pro 2017. Unfortunately apple website didn't allow me to add it to the basket without any reason. If check https://checkcoverage.apple.com/ by serial number it says I can buy AppleCare product.

I tried to contact russian support service but few people gave me different. One guy said I can buy AppleCare only when I buy a laptop. Then what sense to suggest to buy it on the website?? Another girl didn't find a reason and asked me go to the offline store, buy AppleCare plan and then activate it through the website. But Apple doesn't a store here. And none of their official dealer sell it.

After that I called to USA support. After 30 mins of waiting they said that AppleCare plan can be bough in Russia only within 60 days after purchase laptop. I asked for confirmation where it is written but since I asked this question support stopped answering me. I also tried to switch Apple website to HK version and finally I could put AppleCare plan to the basket and now I can buy it. But I'm not sure that it will work.

So the conclusion is: Apple support is useless and low experienced and what is more annoying - if they don't have solution they just ignore you! I have 1 day till my warranty finished so i hope, Apple, you can give me reply asap or extend my warranty for the period equal to time when your support was keeping silence.

Case Number: 100747526757.

MacBook Pro 13", 10.14

Posted on Feb 10, 2019 10:45 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Feb 10, 2019 11:30 PM in response to niktata

Hi niktata,

Contacting Apple Support is your best solution. Let me provide some context, which may be helpful. AppleCare Protection Plan for Mac and AppleCare+ for Mac are different products.

Apple Limited Warranty

• Comes with every Mac
  • 1 year of hardware repair coverage
  • 90 days of complimentary support

AppleCare Protection Plan for Mac

• May be available to add within first year of purchase
  • 3 years of hardware repair coverage
  • 3 years of complimentary support
  • 24/7 priority access to Apple experts by chat or phone

AppleCare+ for Mac

• Introduced in June 2017
  • May be available to add within 60 days of purchase
  • 3 years of hardware repair coverage
  • 3 years of complimentary support
  • 24/7 priority access to Apple experts by chat or phone
  • Adds up to 2 incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a service fee

See the following pages for more information.

All the best.

Feb 10, 2019 11:08 PM in response to niktata

You are not addressing Apple. We are all other end users here.

Apple changed the rules when they changed the Applecare offerings available about a year ago. The rules now state that Applecare+ can only be purchased within 60 days of purchase of the device. In some countries (such as the link to Asia I am posting), they are still offering the old Applecare which can be purchased within one year. In the US, only Applecare+ is now available. That may be one reason why you were not given a definitive answer.

I do not know which country offers which Applecare plan. I am posting two links - one for the old Applecare and one for the new Applecare+. You will need to ask Apple about which plan you are wanting to buy.

https://www.apple.com/asia/support/products/mac.html

https://www.apple.com/support/products/mac.html

Feb 11, 2019 8:33 AM in response to niktata

In the US, the only product available is the new Applecare+ which needs to be purchased within 60 days.

As I said, the old APP is still available in some countries, but I do not have a list of those.

You have tried different countries' stores. First, you can only use the store in the country where you have your shipping and billing address.

And, where was your device purchased?

Can't buy AppleCare Protection Plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.