Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I add my lost MacBook to my device list?

It was once associated with my ID, I'm the only owner. It's been stolen.

MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 11, 2019 12:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2019 12:39 PM

You have to have access to the computer to add it to your device list.

Add a device to the list

After you sign in on a device with your Apple ID, that device appears in the list. Here's where you need to sign in:

• For iOS 9 and later, sign in to iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, the iTunes and App Store, or Game Center on the device. You can also see your paired Apple Watch.

• For iOS 8, sign in to iCloud or the iTunes and App Store on the device. You can also see your paired Apple Watch.

• For OS X Yosemite and later or Windows 10 and later, sign in to iCloud on the device. 

• For tvOS 7 and later, sign in to the iTunes and App Store on the device.

• If any of your devices are using earlier versions of iOS, OS X, or tvOS, you won’t see them in your device list.

Apple ID device list -Check to see where you‘re signed in

Find My Mac - If your Mac is lost or stolen

Find My Phone - Lock and track your device using Lost Mode

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2019 12:39 PM in response to BMcBull

You have to have access to the computer to add it to your device list.

Add a device to the list

After you sign in on a device with your Apple ID, that device appears in the list. Here's where you need to sign in:

• For iOS 9 and later, sign in to iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, the iTunes and App Store, or Game Center on the device. You can also see your paired Apple Watch.

• For iOS 8, sign in to iCloud or the iTunes and App Store on the device. You can also see your paired Apple Watch.

• For OS X Yosemite and later or Windows 10 and later, sign in to iCloud on the device. 

• For tvOS 7 and later, sign in to the iTunes and App Store on the device.

• If any of your devices are using earlier versions of iOS, OS X, or tvOS, you won’t see them in your device list.

Apple ID device list -Check to see where you‘re signed in

Find My Mac - If your Mac is lost or stolen

Find My Phone - Lock and track your device using Lost Mode

How can I add my lost MacBook to my device list?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.