Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installing Mojave on new Internal SSD Hard drive

Hello

My hard drive broke and I lost all my files so I don't need to back up anything. As of right now I am using an external hard drive to run my mac, but I am soon going to buy an SSD to replace the old, corrupt and irreparable hard drive.

I will replace it with the Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for my Macbook Pro 15" mid-2012.

What are the steps I need to take to do a clean and simple install of Mac OS Mojave once the SSD has been put into my laptop?

I've read online that I need to create a bootable disk that will install the OS Mojave but I've also heard that you can install it without the bootable disk - with Internet Recovery?

It's all a bit confusing as most posts online are concerned with backing up files which I don't need to do, therefore these instructions are irrelevant for my situation. I just want to be able to do a clean and simple install of Mojave on the new SSD so I can use it and install everything I need for work.

What do I need to do?

Thank you,

Kerstin

MacBook Pro 15", 10.11

Posted on Feb 13, 2019 4:31 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Installing Mojave on new Internal SSD Hard drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.