Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

101st Episode Not Appearing in Podcast App

Hi,

I recently uploaded my 101st episode on 2/11/19 (this past Monday at 5 AM EST)…The episode loads fine on android devices and apps…it also appeared in the iTunes store…but it does not appear in the iTunes podcast feed for new episodes.

I noticed after our download numbers fell inexplicably by 2/3rds…

I have checked on numerous Apple devices and I get the same result ...appears in iTunes store, but not in episode feed on any Apple device through the Podcast app (my followers let me know as well that they couldn't see the latest episode in their feeds).

I refreshed my podcast feed as well using the podcastconnect website provided by Apple. That did not fix the problem either.

Does it have anything to do with this being our 101st episode? Is there some kind of cap? I use Seriously Simple Podcasting on Wordpress to publish my show and it is set currently to allow for up to 400 episodes to appear in the feed, so it doesn't seem capped on my side...Again, the episode loads fine on android.

This is my podcast feed url

http://www.williesimpson.com/feed/podcast

This is the itunes store link url

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-x-men-tas-podcast/id1219690077

This is my mirror URL

https://pcr.apple.com/id1219690077

Any help would be appreciated and let me know if you need me to post more information…thank you.

Willie Simpson

Windows, 10

Posted on Feb 13, 2019 12:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2019 1:55 PM

Episode 101 is not in the feed. It must have been previously or it wouldn't have appeared in the Store; somethow it's been removed since. The Store caches the feeds and visits them periodically, so if the episode isn't restored it will disappear from the Store as well within a day or so.

Similar questions

7 replies

Feb 14, 2019 8:16 AM in response to WillieSimpson

Apple can't help - it's not they who have caused it. iTunes can only read what's in the feed - it doesn't display episodes with no playable media, but that isn't the case here as the episode isn't in the feed at all. The reason it's in the Store is that, whereas iTunes reads the feed directly, the Store caches feeds, and then visits them in some sort of rotation to check for updates. This is why newly added episodes appear immediately for subscribers but can take a couple of days to appear in the Store.

Similarly, episodes removed from the feed will remain in the Store until it next updates the feed. This is why I estimate that the episode must have been there originally, but then get removed. It couldn't have been Apple who removed it, it has to be something between you and SSP, but I've no way of knowing how this has happened.

If you click on your link above for the feed it will appear formatted for a browser and you will see the episode 101 is missing:

However if you follow the link there to the podcast's website, episode 101 is there. So I would guess that when you add an episode, it appears on the web page, but you have to perform an additional step to get it into the feed.

Feb 13, 2019 5:21 PM in response to WillieSimpson

So I deleted the original episode and reuploaded it again...I still have the exact same problem...it appears in the iTunes store, but not in the podcast feed. I made sure to change the description to differentiate the two uploads.

I'm at a loss of what to do...I have not had a problem with any upload since this one (I upload weekly) and have not changed any settings in my podcast app, (Seriously Simple Podcasting for Wordpress)

In the settings for Seriously Simple Podcasting, there is a button called, "Enable iTunes fields" with the comment

Turn this on to enable the iTunes iOS11 specific fields on each episode...

Could that be it?

Feb 14, 2019 7:56 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Well Roger, thank you for the assistance. It remains a total mystery to me...I reached out to Apple a few days ago and haven't gotten an answer yet..

I have also contacted the folks at Seriously Simple Podcasting and so far they are also perplexed.

From the Apple side, I just find it bizarre that the newest episode appears in the iTunes Store, but not the feed...seeing how I haven't changed any settings in the way I upload podcasts, that just makes me think that something weird is going on from the Apple end. I also checked that I am well within the cache limit too for my show.

Hopefully I can find a fix...again, thanks for the attention.

101st Episode Not Appearing in Podcast App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.