Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PODCAST issues with itunes connect - can't download episodes from your feed

I'm at wits end. I've created 2 podcast episodes on my Squarespace site. They publish fine and I can stream them from itunes. I've submitted to ITunes Connect and just get the 'Can't download episodes from your feed' error.

My page is https://www.transformcommunications.co.uk/blog and I've used the format https://www.transformcommunications.co.uk/blog?format=rss

I'm on Squarespace and been on live chat with them for hours but no luck.

Any advice from this community as to what I've done wrong would be most appreciated as a complete novice

Posted on May 2, 2020 10:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2020 2:01 PM

The feed can be subscribed to in iTunes, where the top episode downloads and plays. However as you say Podcasts Connect won't accept it. The file plays OK if you enter its URL in a browser.

I can't see any problem, except that CastFeedValidator comments that your file is not CBR (constant bit rate). Examining the file in QuickTime doesn't confirm this, and I can't find anything in the documentation suggesting that VBR (variable bit rate) is not acceptable. However this might be something to investigate.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2020 2:01 PM in response to Rbark1

The feed can be subscribed to in iTunes, where the top episode downloads and plays. However as you say Podcasts Connect won't accept it. The file plays OK if you enter its URL in a browser.

I can't see any problem, except that CastFeedValidator comments that your file is not CBR (constant bit rate). Examining the file in QuickTime doesn't confirm this, and I can't find anything in the documentation suggesting that VBR (variable bit rate) is not acceptable. However this might be something to investigate.

May 2, 2020 2:55 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Further to the above, Podbase (another validator) complained that not onlyu did the server for your media files accept head requests as is mandatory (this is the ability to request information about the file without having to download it) but that it got a 400 error: this 'indicates that the server cannot or will not process the request due to something that is perceived to be a client error (e.g., malformed request syntax, invalid request message framing, or deceptive request routing)'.

This suggests that there is some sort of mis-communication going on between Apple and the media server. That would be something else to check with the people running your server - you could try submitting it again to Podcasts Connect and noting the exact time you did so, so that the server log may show some indication of what is going on.

PODCAST issues with itunes connect - can't download episodes from your feed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.