Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

moving photos within an album

I have 340 photos in one album that I'm attempting to rearrange the order within the same album. (I've checked & I'm not sorting by date, etc.) However, every time I move a photo to a new location within the album the photo returns to its original position. I was able to move a few photos. However, not consistently and at the moment it is not working at all. Have attempted to move the photo to the new location and wait a few seconds but that doesn't seem to help. As one can tell I'm not computer savvy at all so assistance with this would be really helpful. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

iMac Pro

Posted on Feb 13, 2019 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2019 6:22 AM

I have 340 photos in one album that I'm attempting to rearrange the order within the same album.

Is it an album you created yourself? You should be able to rearrange photos freely in an album you created yourself, but the predefined albums/views in Photos are having a fixed order, also the Shared albums. It is also tricky to rearrange the photos in a slideshow project, if you are using one of the themes that are showing more than one photo on the slides. Photos will rearrange the photos automatically to fit the selected theme.

Look at the paragraph "Remove or rearrange photos in an album" on this Help page: Create albums in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

But if a standard album in Photos is giving you trouble, when you try to sort it, try, if restarting Photos will help.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2019 6:22 AM in response to Rennata

I have 340 photos in one album that I'm attempting to rearrange the order within the same album.

Is it an album you created yourself? You should be able to rearrange photos freely in an album you created yourself, but the predefined albums/views in Photos are having a fixed order, also the Shared albums. It is also tricky to rearrange the photos in a slideshow project, if you are using one of the themes that are showing more than one photo on the slides. Photos will rearrange the photos automatically to fit the selected theme.

Look at the paragraph "Remove or rearrange photos in an album" on this Help page: Create albums in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

But if a standard album in Photos is giving you trouble, when you try to sort it, try, if restarting Photos will help.

moving photos within an album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.