Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I move photos within an album

I recently edited some photos in one of my album and it saved them at the end of the album, not in the chronilogica order I wanted them saved in. I can seem to move them. I click and drag but they won't move.

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 1:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 2:20 PM

What system and Photos versions are you running?

What type of album are these photos in? Did you create the album? If you did you should be able to drag a photo to a different location in the order and change the sort order to manual.

Did you try changing the sort order and then change it back?

As a test launch Photos with the Option key held down and create a new, test library.  Import some photos and test to see if the same problem persists. Does it? (This tells us if the problem is limited to your current library or is more wide spread). Then go back to your original library and test that album again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2020 2:20 PM in response to NewtoiMac2020

What system and Photos versions are you running?

What type of album are these photos in? Did you create the album? If you did you should be able to drag a photo to a different location in the order and change the sort order to manual.

Did you try changing the sort order and then change it back?

As a test launch Photos with the Option key held down and create a new, test library.  Import some photos and test to see if the same problem persists. Does it? (This tells us if the problem is limited to your current library or is more wide spread). Then go back to your original library and test that album again.

How do I move photos within an album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.