Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my macbook air will not restart

For some reason my MacBook Air will not restart.

MacBook Air 13", 10.14

Posted on Feb 13, 2019 7:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2019 8:11 AM

Something is interfering with the shutdown process. Hold the power button for a slow 10 count. That will shut down the computer. Then you can click the power button to restart it. Whenever I have to do a forced shutdown I run Disk Utility and then select Disk First Aid to make sure there was no damage to the file system. If an error pops up don't panic. Restart holding the Command & R keys and then select Disk Utility and run Disk First Aid again. This should fix any errors that were found.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2019 8:11 AM in response to qncy88

Something is interfering with the shutdown process. Hold the power button for a slow 10 count. That will shut down the computer. Then you can click the power button to restart it. Whenever I have to do a forced shutdown I run Disk Utility and then select Disk First Aid to make sure there was no damage to the file system. If an error pops up don't panic. Restart holding the Command & R keys and then select Disk Utility and run Disk First Aid again. This should fix any errors that were found.

my macbook air will not restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.