Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email containing a receipt from iTunes, bogus?

I recently received an email receipt from iTunes for an app purchase and for coinage within the app game. When I clicked on the CANCEL this Order link it took me to what I thought was an Apple Verification link as it had all of the correct questions Etc. I began filling in the blanks and each time a new page came up asking for more info. I stopped when it asked for my bank routing number but I believe the previous info was uploaded to whomever this was from. This included my current name address and SS number. Is this another scam and should I consider i may have my Identity stolen now?

Posted on Feb 14, 2019 8:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2019 8:44 AM

It's a phishing email (iTunes already knows your name, address, billing details so wouldn't need to ask for them ; and they have no need to ask for an 'SS number') - , you could forward it to Apple : reportphishing@apple.com , and then delete it.

Phishing and similar emails : Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2019 8:44 AM in response to Crgybear

It's a phishing email (iTunes already knows your name, address, billing details so wouldn't need to ask for them ; and they have no need to ask for an 'SS number') - , you could forward it to Apple : reportphishing@apple.com , and then delete it.

Phishing and similar emails : Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

email containing a receipt from iTunes, bogus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.