Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

but no later than macOS High Sierra... What if I am on 10.14.3 and cannot see my base station with Airport Utility?

Base Station not visible with Airport utility. Apple advice article states to be above a release, but also states "but no later than macOS High Sierra."

What if I am on 10.14.3 and cannot see my base station with Airport Utility?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Feb 15, 2019 6:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2019 8:27 AM

My iMac is a Retina 5k 27" 2017. The Airport Utility 6.3.9

The base station is the first model with the tall case for improved antenna placement.  Any other model details seem to require I login to the base station.

Now, the embarrassment, a restart of both fixed my problem, I was sure I had done so before... 7.79 is the base version number.

Thank you both, I have only been using macs since October 1984... pilot error still.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2019 8:27 AM in response to Bob Timmons

My iMac is a Retina 5k 27" 2017. The Airport Utility 6.3.9

The base station is the first model with the tall case for improved antenna placement.  Any other model details seem to require I login to the base station.

Now, the embarrassment, a restart of both fixed my problem, I was sure I had done so before... 7.79 is the base version number.

Thank you both, I have only been using macs since October 1984... pilot error still.

Feb 15, 2019 6:57 AM in response to NeverMindTooManySteps

Which Apple "article" are you referring to? Can you provide a link to this article?

FWIW, Apple has not changed anything in AirPort Utility in 10.14.3 from previous versions. What steps have you taken to try to solve the "disappearing base station"?

For example, have you powered off the base station, waited a minute, then powered it back up? Have you restarted your Mac?

Feb 20, 2019 3:41 PM in response to NeverMindTooManySteps

Tell us if it happens again.. because disappearing airports has been an issue since forever .. well not quite 1984.. !!

Make sure your IPv6 settings are correct.. it is REQUIRED for the airport utility to find the Extreme. And unless you are using a full IPv6 system.. set IPv6 to link-local only.

Also if it is setup in bridge give it a static IP helps no end.. although I am still struggling to get it to show.. a reboot can last for a couple of days at most now.. I had this solved before my ISP went IPv6.. now it is just plain infuriating.

but no later than macOS High Sierra... What if I am on 10.14.3 and cannot see my base station with Airport Utility?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.