Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Either Apple's search is awful or I'm messing up?

This problem has been consistent from the iPhone 6 through the XR and the intervening OS's.

I periodically request an email from our library system that lists a brief of each book in my reading history. I use the list to confirm I haven't read a book before checking one out if I'm not sure I hadn't previously done so.

It's no problem for me to open the email in MS Outlook and use the email form's search function.

However, if I open the email on the phone, flick down to expose the search box, regardless of what I enter the iOS search has NEVER returned the search word despite being confirmed that the word is present using OL.

The library email lives in its own folder \Inbox\Filed\Library.

?

Mark

iPhone XR, 12

Posted on Feb 16, 2019 5:12 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Feb 16, 2019 5:07 PM in response to Markg2

I'm not seeing an ability to edit my initial post--hence, this correction reply to my post.

Correction. I didn't open the library email to attempt a search since search is not available in an open email. I flicked down to expose the search box in the folder that contained the single email. I restricted the search to the current folder. That process is the one that results consistently in 'Find' never finding the search word.

Mark

Either Apple's search is awful or I'm messing up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.