Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help - Logic MIDI Error

Hey, I keep getting an error message - "Error while trying to synchronize Audio and MIDI, sample rate 63,674 recognized. Check the conflict between Logic Pro X and external device."

I have just recently bought RME UC interface, I downloaded all the drivers and relevant software for it and it works perfectly with any other program (Sample rate is identical in the software and the interface, switched the buffer size).

It worked perfectly with Logic s well for a few days until those messages started showing.

Since then I can't work properly on Logic.

Mac Details:

macOS Mojave 10.14.2

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)

2.7 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Help?

MacBook Pro 15", 10.14

Posted on Feb 16, 2019 6:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2019 1:17 PM

This kind of problem can be tricky to solve...

It happens in all projects? Even in a fresh one with the default template? Few things to check or try:

• Did you update the firmware of the RME UC to the last version?
  • Check on the RME site for a recent driver update (I see one released in last few days)
  • Try the solutions proposed in the following link.

If you see an audio and MIDI sync alert in Logic Pro X - Apple Support

Let us know of know of the result.

Similar questions

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2019 1:17 PM in response to mor250

This kind of problem can be tricky to solve...

It happens in all projects? Even in a fresh one with the default template? Few things to check or try:

• Did you update the firmware of the RME UC to the last version?
  • Check on the RME site for a recent driver update (I see one released in last few days)
  • Try the solutions proposed in the following link.

If you see an audio and MIDI sync alert in Logic Pro X - Apple Support

Let us know of know of the result.

Feb 16, 2019 12:09 PM in response to mor250

This can be caused by several different things, it's an internal sync problem between the audio engine and MIDI. MIDI timing sync's to the audio engine, if they become out of sync (for various reasons) this error pops up. Plugins that aren't 100% compatible with the OS and Logic version, Audio drivers...etc.

Try these settings

Samplerate 44.1

Logic's Preferences/Audio, I/O Buffer 256, Set Multithreading to "Playback Tracks".

Does RME list the drivers as Mojave compatible?

Also, That Mac is a Retina machine right? With Logic not running, open Applications folder, single click on Logic's icon and "Get Info" there should be an option to run Logic in Lo-Res mode. Try that first! If there's no difference, go back to Hi-Res mode.

Check all third party plugins for Mojave compatibility.

Feb 16, 2019 12:19 PM in response to Pancenter

Thank you for your help.

RME is compatible with Mojave (I have Pro Tools installed and it's working fine, also when I listen to music or watch videos it works perfectly).

I've done everything you said but it didn't fix the problem, all the plugins I used are from the Logic library.

Is there any other way to fix it?

Feb 17, 2019 9:41 AM in response to mor250

I'm stuck, and have no other ideas, I guess you could try bypass all MIDI controllers. It's found in the upper left Logic Pro X menu under Control Surfaces. You've tried setting both Logic and the RME (from the RME software) to 44.1 or 48kHz.

Unplugged and re-plugged the RME.

Got to the RME Softare and Make sure the Clock is set to internal.

That's all I got!

Hopefully someone can jump in here.

Feb 18, 2019 1:40 AM in response to Wilddrums

Thank you so much for your help!

I think i've got it figured out.

As I said I own a Macbook Pro From 2016, that means that all ports are usb type c. I use a usb hub to connect my interface and my midi keyboard to my computer, when I disconnected the keyboard worked fine. I think that connecting them simultaneously to the same hub caused the problem and for some reason it happens only on Logic.

Thank you again and I hope this will be fixed in the next update.

Feb 18, 2019 7:21 PM in response to mor250

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, how the USB interface is connected to the USB-C port was one of the issue I suspected but forgot to mention.

As information for other members of the community, can you share the USB hub/keyboard combination that caused the problem? Manufacturer and model?

As for why it only affect Logic, my experience is Apple softwares apply very low tolerance on hardware standard implementations. This seems to be especially the case with USB hardware.

Help - Logic MIDI Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.