Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Midi Timeout

I have tried almost everything...

I get a message every time I open Logic

Midi Timeout

"Logic Pro X has detected a MIDI timeout. Please restart your computer, then relaunch Logic Pro X.

If the problem persists, update the drivers of all connected MIDI devices (including audio drivers with MIDI functionality) to the latest version. For instructions on removing older drivers, consult the manufacturers documentation".

I don't have any Midi drivers in any folder..

The Midi controllers I use is M-audio Axiom61 and a Behringer BCF2000

What do I do?

I am on a Mac pro (late 2013), 32GB RAM

Mac OS 10.15.6

Logic 10.5.1

Apollo interfaces with the latest version.

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 6:31 PM

You wrote that you're running Catalina. So things changed recently. A lot of stuff may not be compatible or require driver/firmware updates.

As Pancenter said, look at the controllers. I would start with the Axiom.

WD

Similar questions

10 replies

Sep 1, 2020 4:48 PM in response to Wilddrums

The error message is:

"Midi Timeout

Logic Pro X has detected a MIDI timeout. Please restart your computer, then relaunch Logic Pro X.

If the problem persists, update the drivers of all connected MIDI devices (including audio drivers with MIDI functionality) to the latest version. For instructions on removing older drivers, consult the manufacturers documentation".

Interface compatibility? Do you mean with my sound card? I can't imagine that would be a problem, I am running two UAD Apollo (one 8 and one 8p) and it have worked smoothly for five years..

This issue started for a couple of weeks ago.

Sep 1, 2020 5:34 PM in response to RogerRadstrom

What changed two weeks ago, Logic upgrade, MacOS upgrade, Application install?

MIDI Drivers can be installed in two locations. Root/Library/Audio and Users/yourname/Library/Audio.

It could also be control surface related.

Logic has built in options for resetting both Preferences and Control Surfaces. Look under the upper Left Logic Pro X Menu. You will have to reset all your preferences.

Sep 1, 2020 5:46 PM in response to Pancenter

I don't really know what changed.. sorry

And I have checked both Midi driver folders..

And I did reset the preferences (I even put pref-files in the trash)

None of this have worked

I am confused, usually I can figure out what to do with Mac and Logic.. but I am out of ideas.

After the problem I have updated Mac OS and gone through all my plugins so they are up to date.

You say: control surface related.

How can I check that?

Midi Timeout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.