Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro x app hangs on Validating audio units

Can’t fire up FCPX. It starts then hangs on Validating Audio units.

Stuck here. I reboot and try again, same thing. I even deleted the app and installed fresh copy.

Still no go.

Was working fine till I updated.

Thanks for any help.

Using Mac mini M1

Mac mini, macOS 13.0

Posted on Dec 7, 2022 2:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 8:23 AM

In Finder Go -Go To File /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components

removed all Presonus. Sent to trash can. Started FCP no problem. However Not allowing me to stop scanning of audio units at start up.

Double checked all by putting back StudioOne in library and yes FCP hangs when scan those Audio Units. As FCP does not have setting to stop A-U scaning at startup will have to remove StudioOne every time I want to use. A pain but workable for the time being.

Thanks,

Steve

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2023 8:23 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

In Finder Go -Go To File /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components

removed all Presonus. Sent to trash can. Started FCP no problem. However Not allowing me to stop scanning of audio units at start up.

Double checked all by putting back StudioOne in library and yes FCP hangs when scan those Audio Units. As FCP does not have setting to stop A-U scaning at startup will have to remove StudioOne every time I want to use. A pain but workable for the time being.

Thanks,

Steve

Dec 7, 2022 2:33 PM in response to GuyPicks

Try deleting preferences.

To delete preferences, hold down command and option while starting FCP X and click Delete Preferences. The application will start in a default state, and open an “Untitled” library.

Reopen the library you were working on, set the preferences the way you like them, and try again.

If the problem persists, you may have some bad audio unit. In that case I’d remove them all, and then gradually add them back to try and find the problem ones.

I am not at my mac to confirm the exact location but it’s somewhere in /Library/Audio

Jan 23, 2023 10:27 AM in response to sirduff

FCP does not usually scan audio units every time.

It does seem to scan when there are changes, or when you manually tell it to.

To me, it is clear that one or more of your audio units is causing FCP to hang.

The only "honorable course of action" that I can think of is the one I mentioned before: divide and conquer.

Add a few at a time until you determine which is causing the problem, and leave it out, or replace it.

Final Cut Pro x app hangs on Validating audio units

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.