Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Final Cut crashes on Ventura

After upgrading to Ventura (directly to 13.1 release) Final Cut crashed and made the Mac reboot few times. Then when not rebooting, when you open the app it won't launch, gets stack in the first loading window. Tried updating Final Cut, manually deleting cache of the app, reinstalling... nothing works

Posted on Dec 29, 2022 12:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 2:31 PM

Hello omar2886,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. You've done some great troubleshooting on this issue. We suggest booting the Mac is safe mode to isolate the cause of this trouble. Doing so will help with resolving any issues that may be associated with using a particular app. Follow the steps per the Apple Support article: How to use safe mode on your Mac

Apple silicon
1.Shut down your Mac.
2.Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until you see the startup options window.
3.Select your startup disk, then press and hold the Shift key while clicking “Continue in Safe Mode.”
4.Log in to your Mac. You might be asked to log in again.
Intel processor
1.Turn on or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key as your Mac starts up.
2.Release the key when you see the login window, then log in to your Mac. 
3.You might be asked to log in again. On either the first or second login window, you should see ”Safe Boot” in the upper-right corner of the window.

Let us know the outcome, and we can go from there if needed.

Cheers!

Similar questions

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2022 2:31 PM in response to omar2886

Hello omar2886,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. You've done some great troubleshooting on this issue. We suggest booting the Mac is safe mode to isolate the cause of this trouble. Doing so will help with resolving any issues that may be associated with using a particular app. Follow the steps per the Apple Support article: How to use safe mode on your Mac

Apple silicon
1.Shut down your Mac.
2.Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until you see the startup options window.
3.Select your startup disk, then press and hold the Shift key while clicking “Continue in Safe Mode.”
4.Log in to your Mac. You might be asked to log in again.
Intel processor
1.Turn on or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key as your Mac starts up.
2.Release the key when you see the login window, then log in to your Mac. 
3.You might be asked to log in again. On either the first or second login window, you should see ”Safe Boot” in the upper-right corner of the window.

Let us know the outcome, and we can go from there if needed.

Cheers!

May 12, 2023 2:19 PM in response to ArmMan1016

Hi

I have same issue than omar2886. I've just update my MacBook Pro 2,3HGz 8core 15" 2019 to Mac OS Ventura 13.1 and FCP crashes all the time.Sam

I've tried safe mode you explained, I've re-installed fcp... nothing. FCP 10.6.5 doesn't works. Same for Motion, but fcp is essential for me due I'm editor.

Could help me please?

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Serial Number]

Jun 29, 2023 9:16 AM in response to omar2886

I had the same problem and it was a corrupted preferences file.

This worked like a charm for me:

Step 1. Close Final Cut Pro if it is open.

Step 2. Hold down the Command and Option keys on your keyboard and open Final Cut Pro.

Step 3. Keep holding down the keys until you see a message asking if you want to delete your preferences.

Step 4. Click on Delete Preferences.

This method will not affect any of your media, it will only change your preferences and settings back to default.

Final Cut crashes on Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.