Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XS - settings Face ID & Passcode not available

I have just had my one month old iPhone XS replaced by Apple Store (ringer failure). After setting up the new phone through iCloud backup, I noted that under settings the option that I had on previous phone (and I see on other X phones) "Face ID & Passcode" is not visible. Using the Setting search bar for "Face ID" only brings up Face ID & Attention (accessibility). I have erased all settings and again restored but same issue. IOS 12.1.4 installed. So I am unable to re-do Face ID if needed and unable to change the Passcode.

How can I get the complete Settings option menu?

Posted on Feb 16, 2019 9:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2019 8:23 AM

Go to "Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions" and turn off enabled "Content & Privacy Restrictions" or, if you need to have restrictions enabled, change "Passcode Changes" to "Allow".

2 replies

iPhone XS - settings Face ID & Passcode not available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.