Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

February 2019 still can not turn off shuffle on iPhone X

When playing music on iPad, 3 different Apple TV’s, Mac Book I can turn off shuffle no issues but the iPhone X ? Nope. Very annoying bug and I’ve rebooted already so don’t recommend that please. I’ve updated to 12.1.4 and that’s not the issue because it’s been happening for a while.

been trying to play an songs from a specific album in only sounds correctly when played in order of songs and I’ve tried other albums and does same thing, can’t turn off shuffle.

Any ideas ?

iPhone X, 12

Posted on Feb 17, 2019 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2019 4:52 AM

Just a FYI if your having this same issue follow this step, when the song is playing and you see the album art

Start by tapping the bar at the bottom where you see the album art, currently playing song and play/pause and next song controls. You get a sheet overlay which seems to end at the bottom of the screen, but if you scroll this down (drag up on the screen) you find the controls for shuffle and repeat.

If if it’s white like picture below shuffle is off.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2019 4:52 AM in response to scottcunni

Just a FYI if your having this same issue follow this step, when the song is playing and you see the album art

Start by tapping the bar at the bottom where you see the album art, currently playing song and play/pause and next song controls. You get a sheet overlay which seems to end at the bottom of the screen, but if you scroll this down (drag up on the screen) you find the controls for shuffle and repeat.

If if it’s white like picture below shuffle is off.

February 2019 still can not turn off shuffle on iPhone X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.