Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't play music or stop shuffling in Apple Music

I have a 6s with iOS 12.1.4. I want to switch from Spotify so I just activated an account today. Apple Music shuffled and only played the same 4 songs, after downloading about 100 of them. Also, I followed the instructions for turning off shuffle when one of those songs came on. This didn't work. So, I deleted those songs and now it shuffles without playing anything. I have restarted Apple Music and the phone. I don;t know what else to do.

Any suggestions, other than upgrading?

Thanks!

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 8, 2019 7:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2019 2:30 AM

now it shuffles without playing anything

I don’t know what that means.

Upgrading what? The phone is fine for the subscription. Any of the subscription types is fine for this music service.

The Shuffle button above the album/playlist is not (only) a setting, but starts a new ‘random’ track from the list.

The Shuffle button in the currently playing card, below the other controls, is a setting. It changes color when ‘on’.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2019 2:30 AM in response to anissa290

now it shuffles without playing anything

I don’t know what that means.

Upgrading what? The phone is fine for the subscription. Any of the subscription types is fine for this music service.

The Shuffle button above the album/playlist is not (only) a setting, but starts a new ‘random’ track from the list.

The Shuffle button in the currently playing card, below the other controls, is a setting. It changes color when ‘on’.

Can't play music or stop shuffling in Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.