Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound effects in Garageband ios

How do you get a sound effect into the playline of a song? I downloaded Toy Box in the sound library but can seem to find the sounds to insert them.

Posted on Feb 17, 2019 11:48 AM

1 reply

Feb 24, 2019 8:12 AM in response to lptechinspired

I have some apps that G'band can see, and some it cant. If G'band can see the app, the sound effects will need to be recorded into their own track. To find out, go to the "+" in track view, and add a new track. Go to the "External" selections where the drums, keyboards, "drummer" and all that stuff is. Next, select "inter-app audio". If your app, can interact with G'band, you should see it there. Select it. It should pop up. Then reopen Gband. You should be on the "audio screen" as most will only go in as "audio" inputs instead of midi inputs. Whether you are in "FUN" or "STUDIO" mode, you should see your app's icon up next to the quarter inch plug icon (near upper left of studio screen). Go back to tracks view. Then double tap on your instrument icon. When your app opens, you should see the garage band symbol (the guitar) somewhere on the screen, along with a play and record button. Sometimes you wont, or at least I dont, and you may have to power cycle your Ipad.

Sound effects in Garageband ios

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.