Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Project Slideshow in Photos won’t play song

I have created a slideshow, downloaded a song I want to use, and can select it (the song) but no sound plays when I preview or play the slideshow.

i can hear it play when I select a different song, but I need to figure out how to get this specific song to work.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 9:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 9:09 AM

Worst case, you should be able to play the file in Apple Music, and make a new recording of it using Quick time. I would expect this then to be playable in Photos.

See here for how:

Record audio in QuickTime Player on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

You might want to turn off Atmos in Apple Music preferences before playing/recording it, if you have a device that supports it.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2022 9:09 AM in response to TonyCollinet

Worst case, you should be able to play the file in Apple Music, and make a new recording of it using Quick time. I would expect this then to be playable in Photos.

See here for how:

Record audio in QuickTime Player on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

You might want to turn off Atmos in Apple Music preferences before playing/recording it, if you have a device that supports it.

Project Slideshow in Photos won’t play song

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.