Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop music from looping in slideshow

I've created a 9 minute slideshow using three songs, and I've timed the photos so that the third song ends perfectly on the last slide; however, when I exported the file, instead of ending with the last song, the first song started playing even though the last photo remained on the screen. How can I add at least 5 seconds of silence after the last song so that first song won't jump right in?

iMac 21.5″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 10:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 12:01 PM

Actually, I solved this problem myself by just tweeking the time set on several photos and now it ends just perfectly. I didn't want to use the "fit to music" option because some slides needed longer times than others. Thanks for your suggestion though.

5 replies

Sep 14, 2020 4:59 PM in response to Calcharmac

Start up Garageband

If you don't get the new project dialog, select File->new

Select a microphone project. All the defaults should be fine.

When the new track shows up, slide the volume slider (next to the L-R dial) all the way to the left.

Turn off the metronome.

Click to the left of the measure indicator and select time.

Hit Record.

After however many seconds, hit stop.

You can listen if you like, otherwise click the share menu and share as desired. I saved an aiff file.

How to stop music from looping in slideshow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.