Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Apple Photos Slideshow music

I need to make a slideshow using multiple songs but I want the songs to match the subject of the photos. Is there a way to make this happen? Since the slides are timed by the length of the entire slideshow it will be difficult to time them just right & I don't want to make multiple slideshows because they won't run one after another.

iMac (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Apr 30, 2023 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2023 3:14 AM

I am using GarageBand, when I want to make a soundtrack, that matches the slides in the slideshow.

GarageBand has a feature, where we can import a video, then replace the existing sound track with a new one. we need just to export the slideshow as a video and import it to Garageband's Movie track.

Add a movie to your project

We can trim the songs we want to use and place them exactly where we want them. Or use any of the Apple loops with cinematic sound effects, record comments, create our own music with smart instruments or software instruments.

It us fun to be able to add a dinosaur Growl or other effects, to add drum solo using a smart drummer or other smart instruments.

Details on using GarageBand are here: macOS app user guides: GarageBand for MacUser Guide - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2023 3:14 AM in response to beccah202

I am using GarageBand, when I want to make a soundtrack, that matches the slides in the slideshow.

GarageBand has a feature, where we can import a video, then replace the existing sound track with a new one. we need just to export the slideshow as a video and import it to Garageband's Movie track.

We can trim the songs we want to use and place them exactly where we want them. Or use any of the Apple loops with cinematic sound effects, record comments, create our own music with smart instruments or software instruments.

It us fun to be able to add a dinosaur Growl or other effects, to add drum solo using a smart drummer or other smart instruments.

Details on using GarageBand are here: macOS app user guides: GarageBand for MacUser Guide - Apple Support

May 1, 2023 8:42 AM in response to léonie

léonie wrote:

I learn something new here every day. Thanks!

Apr 30, 2023 3:14 PM in response to beccah202

It's not very easy with Photos. You could set the slideshow without music and set a Custom time (1) or set the time for each slide (2) to a specific length. Then you can time the slideshow and add your various music tracks to to the free audio editor, Audacity, where you can cut and paste the various tracks to specific lengths and join them into one file. You can then add that file to the slideshow and select Fit to Music.

OR

use the free app Movavi Slideshow Maker which is very much like iMovie HD 6 where you can have multiple tracks, overlap them, individual transitions and transition times, etc.

Apple Photos Slideshow music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.