Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac keeps asking for email passwords

I'm having an issue with my Mac continually asking for my email passwords. This occurs with my gmail email account, my @me email, as well as my @iCloud email. The problem began with all accounts at the same time even though I never changed my passwords. I'm not having any issues on my iPhone and I can log into my iCloud account online using the same password I'm trying to enter in my email account on my Mac.

The above screenshot shows I deleted my gmail account and re-added it but this is where that process got stuck. I unchecked contacts, calendar and notes then clicked done and its been stuck here for a good 10 minutes.

I then deleted my @me account and tried to re-add it but that came to a dead end. I entered my email address then my password for that email address then clicked next but the process came to a dead end at that point.

I can't delete my iCloud account because it keeps asking for my password and after I enter that I get an error message stating it can't verify my email and password.

I believe this originated with a keychain problem but I'm not sure how to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MacBook, 10.14

Posted on Feb 17, 2019 4:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2019 4:34 PM

Is your Game Center account working fine? Or is it just your email? Try deleting all your gmail keys. Do this by first opening keychain access, which is in the utilities folder of applications, and searching for gmail. delete all of the keys there. Then, log in with your email. See if this works for you.

Similar questions

2 replies

Mac keeps asking for email passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.