Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I Recover Accidentally Deleted Video and Archive Files from macOS Mojave?

Hi, while performing a Mac hard drive cleaning operating, I have accidentally deleted some of my commonly used video and archive (ZIP) files. Also they are not in the Mac Trash folder. Is there any professional and secure Mac file recovery software available that can help me in the recovery of these video and archive files from my Mac Mojave 10.14?

MacBook Air (2018 or later)

Posted on Feb 18, 2019 12:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2019 2:50 AM

Important Note:- Please stop using your macOS Mojave 10.14 computer as soon as possible to increase the possibility of video and ZIP files recovery. This will make sure that no other piece of information will be overwritten on the Mac hard drive and data recovery become possible using some data recovery apps.

1.Restore Video and Archive Files from Mac Time machine Backups:-

In case you have previously enabled the Mac Time Machine backups to back all your important documents, then simply restore it and regain access to lost archive & video files. Just check out this helpful article from Apple to know how to restore Mac time machine backups.

2.Undelete Video and Archive Files from Mac Trash Folder:-

In case, you have deleted the video and ZIP files from your local Mac drive and haven’t empty the Trash folder, then further data recovery is still possible. To do this, simply open your Trash folder and further undelete those video and archive files back.

3.Restore Archive and Video Files from Data Backups via External Drive:-

If you have saved or backup all your necessary files and folders on some external hard drive, then data recovery become easier than expectations. To restore those deleted files back, simply connects your external hard drive with your Mac machine and use it further.

4.Use Some Data Recovery Apps to Recover Video and Archive Files:-

If despite implementing the above discussed solutions, you are not able to retrieve the deleted archive and video files back, then you need to free download and use some data recovery apps for Mac OS X. In the past, I have used this Data Recovery Mac , Data Rescue and TestDisk Utility to bring back the deleted or lost files from my Mac computer and got great success. Hope the above listed solutions will also prove helpful for you in the recovery of deleted archive and videos files back to your local Mac HD.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2019 2:50 AM in response to sen274

Important Note:- Please stop using your macOS Mojave 10.14 computer as soon as possible to increase the possibility of video and ZIP files recovery. This will make sure that no other piece of information will be overwritten on the Mac hard drive and data recovery become possible using some data recovery apps.

1.Restore Video and Archive Files from Mac Time machine Backups:-

In case you have previously enabled the Mac Time Machine backups to back all your important documents, then simply restore it and regain access to lost archive & video files. Just check out this helpful article from Apple to know how to restore Mac time machine backups.

2.Undelete Video and Archive Files from Mac Trash Folder:-

In case, you have deleted the video and ZIP files from your local Mac drive and haven’t empty the Trash folder, then further data recovery is still possible. To do this, simply open your Trash folder and further undelete those video and archive files back.

3.Restore Archive and Video Files from Data Backups via External Drive:-

If you have saved or backup all your necessary files and folders on some external hard drive, then data recovery become easier than expectations. To restore those deleted files back, simply connects your external hard drive with your Mac machine and use it further.

4.Use Some Data Recovery Apps to Recover Video and Archive Files:-

If despite implementing the above discussed solutions, you are not able to retrieve the deleted archive and video files back, then you need to free download and use some data recovery apps for Mac OS X. In the past, I have used this Data Recovery Mac , Data Rescue and TestDisk Utility to bring back the deleted or lost files from my Mac computer and got great success. Hope the above listed solutions will also prove helpful for you in the recovery of deleted archive and videos files back to your local Mac HD.

Feb 18, 2019 12:23 AM in response to sen274

If you have a Time Machine or other backup you can restore them from there. Software solutions may or may not work and you need an external drive to recover them to. None are free although most have a free trial so you can see what will be recovered if anything before you purchase. I've had good results from iBeesoft Data Recovery.

Feb 18, 2019 4:25 AM in response to rike114

@rike114, I don’t have Time machine and External drive backup available of those deleted video and archive files. Also, I lack the Trash folder recovery. However, I tried the software suggestion mentioned in your answer and they worked for me perfectly. Again Thanks a lot for your helpful contribution and now I have successfully rescue all my deleted files back to my Mac computer.

Can I Recover Accidentally Deleted Video and Archive Files from macOS Mojave?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.