Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water Damage Under IPhone XR Screen

i Was showering and I set my phone in a bucket and it seems like my speakers soaked up water and now I have blue water stains all the way up to the top of my screen I have an iPhone XR. I did the charge set brightness all the way up and but auto lock in never. And put in a closed rice bag. And it worked, but now it’s back and looks very spotty and colors on my phone PLEASE HELP EVERYTHING WORKS 100% fine seems there’s water under the screen everything says sit in rice but I have school tomorrow and need it fixed ASAP

iPhone XR, 12

Posted on Feb 18, 2019 4:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2019 4:25 AM

They are only water "resistant" and your water damaged device is going to be a costly repair.

2 replies

Water Damage Under IPhone XR Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.