Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage for MacBook Air

I have iMessage and am suddenly only getting phone numbers, not names, on the MAC. What can I do to set it back to names?

MacBook Air 11", 10.13

Posted on Feb 19, 2019 5:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2019 4:23 PM

Greetings ruthfromboise,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand your contacts no longer have names with Messages on your Mac.

I suggest ensuring you have Contacts turned on for your each of your accounts from where the contacts may be syncing. To do so, open the Contacts app on your Mac and choose Contacts > Accounts. From there, select an account an ensure you have Contacts turned on. You can see this information described in the following guide: Add contacts from iCloud, Google, and more to Contacts on Mac

Let me know how it goes from here.

Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2019 4:23 PM in response to ruthfromboise

Greetings ruthfromboise,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand your contacts no longer have names with Messages on your Mac.

I suggest ensuring you have Contacts turned on for your each of your accounts from where the contacts may be syncing. To do so, open the Contacts app on your Mac and choose Contacts > Accounts. From there, select an account an ensure you have Contacts turned on. You can see this information described in the following guide: Add contacts from iCloud, Google, and more to Contacts on Mac

Let me know how it goes from here.

Cheers.

iMessage for MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.