Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I recover an app specific password. NOT how do I create one. NOT how to I delete one.

I want to recover and existing app-specific password. ALL the questions like this in the forums are answered by, "this is how you create one." I can delete and create a new one, but I don't want to. Any thoughts?

Mac Pro, macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 20, 2019 3:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2019 3:19 PM

You cannot recover one. If you forgot the password, you will have to revoke it, and create a new one. Follow the steps here: Using app-specific passwords - Apple Support, under Manage App Specific passwords.

You will get a list with all the passwords you have created, but you will only be able to see the label you set for them not the actual password. You can revoke it from there.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2019 3:19 PM in response to John Beaty

You cannot recover one. If you forgot the password, you will have to revoke it, and create a new one. Follow the steps here: Using app-specific passwords - Apple Support, under Manage App Specific passwords.

You will get a list with all the passwords you have created, but you will only be able to see the label you set for them not the actual password. You can revoke it from there.

how do I recover an app specific password. NOT how do I create one. NOT how to I delete one.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.