Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I use the app-specific password to sing in

how do I access the app-specific password that I created.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 1:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 2:27 PM

Note that the title to your post says "How do I use ..." and the body of the post says "how do I access ..." so it isn't clear to me exactly what it is that you are asking so the following may or may not help.

You put the Apple app-specific password into whatever 3rd party app that is needing a password to access iCloud. For example, if you are using a 3rd party email app (rather than the Apple Mail) app to access your iCloud email, you would put the app-specific password into that app wherever it needs the password for iCloud. Also see: Using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2022 2:27 PM in response to Supersevie25

Note that the title to your post says "How do I use ..." and the body of the post says "how do I access ..." so it isn't clear to me exactly what it is that you are asking so the following may or may not help.

You put the Apple app-specific password into whatever 3rd party app that is needing a password to access iCloud. For example, if you are using a 3rd party email app (rather than the Apple Mail) app to access your iCloud email, you would put the app-specific password into that app wherever it needs the password for iCloud. Also see: Using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

Feb 11, 2022 8:05 PM in response to Eric Root

So, I just got a new phone and would like to use the same third-party app for my mail client. I'd like to see my existing app-specific password for this specific app so that I can simply enter that already existing password into my new installation of this app which I have been using for years, rather than generate a new app specific password. How can I do this? How can I see what the existing app-specific password is?

How do I use the app-specific password to sing in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.