Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MY Apple ID doesn't sign in on App Store

The Mac App Store shows me as not signed in. Clicking the 'Sign In' link triggers the usual dialog. When I attempt to login I get a brief spinning circle in the login window (as expected), the login window disappears (as expected), but the App Store still shows me as not signed in.

When I attempt to purchase a free app the App Store asks me to sign in, and when I input my information I receive the following error:

An error occurred during purchase.

The operation couldn’t be completed.

(com.apple.commerce.client error 500.)

I am not able to sign in to the iTunes Store on this Mac either, but my Apple ID works for my iCloud on my MacBook Pro. I'm also able to successfully sign in to the Mac App Store on a my iPhone.

I have tried the following actions. All produced the same results.

- Connecting to different wifi

- Rebooting.

- Changing the secure sockets layer on the developer ID certificate on my keychain access to always trust.

I'm running Mac OS Majove10.14.3 on a MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017). I use the same AppleID for iCloud and the App Store.

How do I fix this? I would also appreciate if the steps could be broken down to a simpler form as I have seen people with similar issues and solutions provided but I am just unable to follow through with the steps.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 21, 2019 12:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2019 12:16 PM

Might be a corrupt .plist.

Do a backup, preferably 2 backups on 2 separate drives.

Quit the application.

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J.  When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder.  Select Library. Then go to Preferences/com.apple.appstore.plist.  Move the .plist to your desktop.

Restart the computer, open the application, and test. If it works okay, delete the plist from the desktop.

If the application is the same, return the .plist to where you got it from, overwriting the newer one.

Thanks to leonie for some information contained in this.

Then repeat the above with the com.apple.iTunes.plist

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2019 12:16 PM in response to Blissyoung

Might be a corrupt .plist.

Do a backup, preferably 2 backups on 2 separate drives.

Quit the application.

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J.  When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder.  Select Library. Then go to Preferences/com.apple.appstore.plist.  Move the .plist to your desktop.

Restart the computer, open the application, and test. If it works okay, delete the plist from the desktop.

If the application is the same, return the .plist to where you got it from, overwriting the newer one.

Thanks to leonie for some information contained in this.

Then repeat the above with the com.apple.iTunes.plist

MY Apple ID doesn't sign in on App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.