Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

updated OS to Mojave 10.14.3, now can’t access the internet 🙈

I recently updated my MacBook Pro to Mojave 10.14.3. After doing so, every time I try to open Safari, I get at message saying Safari Can't Open the Page The error is: "The operation couldn't be completed. Operation not permitted" (NSPOSIXErrorDomain:1)

(Wifi is working).

I have tried:

• Turning it off and on again ;)
  • Wiping/reinstalling the update
  • deleting 4 of the .plist files recommended by one support page, then reinstating same and restarting
  • setting up a new Network location

nothing...

Can anyone help? 🙏

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 22, 2019 2:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2019 4:00 PM

FIXED! (thanks to apple support over the phone)

Method, in case anyone else needs it:

1. click on apple icon in menu bar
  2. select 'about this mac'
  3. 'system report'
  4. scroll down to 'software' and select 'extensions' (wait for it to load, it can take a couple of minutes)
  5. in the 'obtained from' column on the right hand side, scroll down to find any items listed as 'not signed'. make a note of each of these, noting for your benefit whether they relate to software that you still use or no longer use.
  6. exit all windows.

1. open finder
  2. in menu select 'go'
  3. 'computer'
  4. 'MacHD' - or whatever your hard drive is called
  5. 'system'
  6. 'library'
  7. 'extensions'
  8. find the file name of the first file you took a note of that was listed as 'not signed' as per instruction 5 above. click on it once to highlight it.
  9. click on the settings cog icon in the menu bar and scroll down to 'move to bin'
  10. repeat steps 8 and 9 for as many filenames that you noted were 'not signed' and for software you no longer use.
  11. exit all windows

1. restart computer
  2. empty bin
  3. open safari (my internet was finally connected at this point!)
  4. create a back-up in TimeMachine immediately.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2019 4:00 PM in response to littleblackmac

FIXED! (thanks to apple support over the phone)

Method, in case anyone else needs it:

1. click on apple icon in menu bar
  2. select 'about this mac'
  3. 'system report'
  4. scroll down to 'software' and select 'extensions' (wait for it to load, it can take a couple of minutes)
  5. in the 'obtained from' column on the right hand side, scroll down to find any items listed as 'not signed'. make a note of each of these, noting for your benefit whether they relate to software that you still use or no longer use.
  6. exit all windows.

1. open finder
  2. in menu select 'go'
  3. 'computer'
  4. 'MacHD' - or whatever your hard drive is called
  5. 'system'
  6. 'library'
  7. 'extensions'
  8. find the file name of the first file you took a note of that was listed as 'not signed' as per instruction 5 above. click on it once to highlight it.
  9. click on the settings cog icon in the menu bar and scroll down to 'move to bin'
  10. repeat steps 8 and 9 for as many filenames that you noted were 'not signed' and for software you no longer use.
  11. exit all windows

1. restart computer
  2. empty bin
  3. open safari (my internet was finally connected at this point!)
  4. create a back-up in TimeMachine immediately.

Feb 22, 2019 4:48 PM in response to littleblackmac

Did you try a different browser to test?

To trouble shoot further you can:

Try a SafeBoot  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT20126

Takes noticeable longer to get to the login screen, does a 5 minute disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches, dynamic loader cache, etc. get cleared and rebuilt.

This test will tell you if third party interference; extensions etc are not loaded in safe boot mode.

Test issue in another user (or guest user) account  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204443

This will tell you if it a universal issue or isolated to your user/admin account. 

updated OS to Mojave 10.14.3, now can’t access the internet 🙈

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.