Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i upgrade to os x 10.12 or higher when apple app store does not show it as available? I have to update to this version or higher for Turbotax 2018.

I just want to use Turbotax 2018 deluxe and the software states I have to have os x 10.12. when I check for software updates per apple's instructions, none are available. how do i update the operating system and what is the version i should install? I am non-technical and all the versions of the os are meaningless to my understanding.

MacBook Air 13", OS X 10.11

Posted on Feb 22, 2019 6:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2019 6:12 PM

Back up your data, check your applications for compatibility, and depending on which Mac model you have, download High Sierra or Mojave from the Mac App Store.

(168835)

1 reply

how can i upgrade to os x 10.12 or higher when apple app store does not show it as available? I have to update to this version or higher for Turbotax 2018.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.