Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I upgrade my system to version OS X 10.15.6 or later?

My OS X El Capitan version 10. 11. 6 and can NOT down a thing from the app store! How can I upgrade my system to Mac OS so that I can utilize the app store?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 5:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 7:24 PM

An early 2009 or mid-2009 iMac can't be upgraded past El Capitan.

A late 2009 iMac can't be upgraded past High Sierra.

Try downloading the applications on a newer Mac with the same Apple ID first.

(220966)

3 replies

Jul 6, 2022 6:04 PM in response to OkinawanHiko007

Back up your data, check your applications for compatibility, and depending on which iMac model you have, then on the download link for Catalina or Big Sur in the Related Article above, or Monterey; it needs to be at least a 2012 one to run any of these If you get a Mac App Store preview page, change the https at the beginning of its address to macappstore.

Catalina and newer won't run 32-bit software; download and use Go64 as well as using the first link above.

(220965)

Jul 6, 2022 6:20 PM in response to Niel

Hello,

Thanks for the quick response with my question. My system is old and I have iMac mid 2009 system. I just had it cleaned and order to put New OS from the local MicroCenter and they installed El Capitan version 10. 11. 6 but overtime I try to download from the App Store I get a message that telling me that it can NOT download because my system is too old? How can I upgrade this system?

How can I upgrade my system to version OS X 10.15.6 or later?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.