Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Horrible battery life on iPhone 6s?

I ordered an iPhone 6s off eBay a week ago. The battery health is at 87% so the phone is supposedly in decent shape, but the battery life is terrible. I listened to some podcasts last week for an hour and a half, took my battery from 100 all the way down to 30. The battery has dropped from 25 to 12 in the last 10 minutes or so? I’m not watching videos or anything, just listening to Spotify in the background destroys the battery. Is the phone faulty? I’ve turned off location services and background app refresh for most apps, doesn’t help much. I’m running iOS 12.1.4.

thanks.

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 22, 2019 10:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2019 5:00 AM

Hello,

See this:

1) Have you tried a restart?  If not, do it now.

2) See the section "View battery usage information" in the link below to see the apps that are consuming your battery:

Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan

3) Check “Battery Health” in the link: 

iPhone Battery and Performance

4) If all else fails, consider a battery replacement:

iPhone Battery & Power Repair

Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2019 5:00 AM in response to SOMM TING WONG

Hello,

See this:

1) Have you tried a restart?  If not, do it now.

2) See the section "View battery usage information" in the link below to see the apps that are consuming your battery:

Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan

3) Check “Battery Health” in the link: 

iPhone Battery and Performance

4) If all else fails, consider a battery replacement:

iPhone Battery & Power Repair

Good luck.

Horrible battery life on iPhone 6s?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.