Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photo stream and new Apple ID?

We just set up my wife her own Apple ID.

Her iMac is running the fully updated High Sierra.

It does not show photo stream. According to Apple Support it might never show photo stream.

Does anyone with anew Apple ID happen to have access to Photo Stream.

thanks.

Posted on Feb 23, 2019 9:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2019 5:29 AM

Thanks it looks like we are out of luck. Sad. Her iPhoto library is over 60 gig and to sink that library will take days with the internet speeds available in out area. I will create a second iPhoto library; which might help. Will try it for testing.

thanks for all the help.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2019 5:29 AM in response to léonie

Thanks it looks like we are out of luck. Sad. Her iPhoto library is over 60 gig and to sink that library will take days with the internet speeds available in out area. I will create a second iPhoto library; which might help. Will try it for testing.

thanks for all the help.

Feb 24, 2019 11:30 AM in response to Community User

If your wife is using a new AppleID it is no longer possible for her to use My Photo Stream. My Photos Streams seems to be becoming deprecated. For new AppleIDs iCloud Photos is now the only option for syncing photos between devices at a full resolution.

See: Get help with My Photo Stream - Apple Support

* If you recently created your Apple ID, My Photo Stream might not be available. Use iCloud Photos to keep your photos and videos in iCloud.

I created a new AppleID for testing and My Photo Stream does not show.

Feb 25, 2019 5:51 AM in response to Community User

If the internet speeds are so slow, she might have more luck by directly plugging her iPhone into a USB port and downloading the new photos by a USB connection. And uploading selected albums to her iPhone by syncing them to the iPhone with iTunes.

Which model is her iPhone? If her iPhone can take Live Photos and Portrait mode photos, and she likes to take videos, My Photo Stream would be a bad choice anyway. My Photo Stream does not transfer Live Photos as animated, only the still frames. Some users had problems with Portrait Mode photos, and videos can also not been transferred. If the iPhone is a newer model, supporting Live Photos, the direct download by USB will be better.

Feb 24, 2019 7:10 AM in response to Old Toad

The option for Photo Stream does not appear in Photos on her iMac; It does not show up as an option on her iPhone X, it does not show up as an option on her iPad.

photo stream and new Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.