Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Apple ever going to fix the vertical dotted line (with "reduce transparency") bug on Mojave?

For reasons related to my vision, it is helpful to use Mojave with the "reduced transparency" setting. However, A bug in Mojave (for me and others-I have seen several posts about this) creates a vertical dotted line on the separator for some selected windows when this setting is on. Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this without deselecting "reduce transparency", or if Apple is going to fix it? Most of the posts about it are from several months ago. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8554411

https://imgur.com/a/VFzLraT

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 24, 2019 9:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2019 10:51 AM

I have this problem too, and the solution I keep finding is to turn OFF the Reduce Transparency option. What a JOKE.

The option obviously exists because even apple realized that transparency in the GUI is often BAD for usability. It makes various apps look muddy or dirty. Why should my DESKTOP PHOTO contaminate the UI of any active app!?!?

Apple, fix this BUG !!! Mojave is already on the 5th version now -- 10.14.4.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2019 10:51 AM in response to js32

I have this problem too, and the solution I keep finding is to turn OFF the Reduce Transparency option. What a JOKE.

The option obviously exists because even apple realized that transparency in the GUI is often BAD for usability. It makes various apps look muddy or dirty. Why should my DESKTOP PHOTO contaminate the UI of any active app!?!?

Apple, fix this BUG !!! Mojave is already on the 5th version now -- 10.14.4.

Is Apple ever going to fix the vertical dotted line (with "reduce transparency") bug on Mojave?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.