Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cursor always shows in screenshot bug in Mojave

Despite having the option for "Show mouse pointer" un-checked, since installing Mojave I am seeing my mouse cursor in every single screenshot. This didn't happen in High Sierra. Is there a known fix for this issue?

User uploaded file

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Oct 3, 2018 10:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2018 8:44 AM

I cannot reproduce this in Mojave when pressing shift+command+5 and ensuring that Show Mouse Pointer is not selected on the options menu, with saving to the Desktop or Clipboard chosen, and then capture.

Do you have any specialized Accessibility options enabled, or third-party mouse software installed. That mouse pointer looks unusually large in your capture.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2018 8:44 AM in response to jasondunn

I cannot reproduce this in Mojave when pressing shift+command+5 and ensuring that Show Mouse Pointer is not selected on the options menu, with saving to the Desktop or Clipboard chosen, and then capture.

Do you have any specialized Accessibility options enabled, or third-party mouse software installed. That mouse pointer looks unusually large in your capture.

Oct 4, 2018 1:11 PM in response to jasondunn

Hey jasondunn,

I understand you're still seeing your mouse cursor in your screenshot even though you've chosen the setting to hide it. I'd be happy to help.

You've done great steps by checking your settings. To continue, let's test in a new user and in safe mode:

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support
Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support
Cheers!

Oct 5, 2018 8:48 AM in response to VikingOSX

You figured it out VikingOSX! Thanks so much. That's exactly the issue: I have my cursor size set bigger than the standard size because Apple's default on a 27" 5K iMac is very, very tiny (the screenshot above is 2x what I see on my iMac, so it's exaggerated). When I set the cursor to normal size, it no longer appears in screenshots. As soon as I set the cursor size even one notch above normal size, it shows up in screenshots. So this is definitely a bug that Apple needs to fix. How do we report bugs?

Oct 5, 2018 10:38 AM in response to dialabrain

Even when you have the cursor size set to larger than normal? Are you taking the screenshot from top left to bottom right? I see the cursor in the bottom right when I do it that way. If I go from the bottom right to the top left (drawing the window) I don't see the cursor. So this is very specific to how the screenshot box is drawn.

Cursor always shows in screenshot bug in Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.