Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disappearing Cursor - All Apps/Programs

Cursor disappears regardless of the app/program I am using. Can get the cursor back by pressing the touchpad. Seems to be getting worse as I can only type a few characters before the cursor disappears.

Using a MacBook Air. Disappearing cursor started when I upgraded to Mojave 10.14.5

Apple when are you going to fix this bug???

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 3, 2019 5:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2019 7:09 PM

If a bug, then report this the Apple.

The more they hear about a similar situation the more their developer and engineers will know what to look into, and what and how to update.

7 replies

Jun 3, 2019 7:19 PM in response to sanfkvmnbkv

I, myself have, not come across this. But, if it happens on other devices, aside from your Mac, then use this to submit feedback on whatever else you are having troubles with this as well.

Go Here: Product Feedback - Apple

Also, try using a hardwired mouse, and see what occurs. If you are using Bluetooth, use the built-in Bluetooth port, and not a USB adapter, consider changing the battery, and using a mousepad, if you have a glass desk.

Jul 9, 2019 8:56 PM in response to derral52

I accidentally found a resolution to my issue. May not work for everyone but it does for me. I found if I put my computer to "Sleep" the next time I logged in the disappearing cursor issue was resolved. I've been putting my computer to sleep for several weeks each time I am finished working and my cursor stays in the right place.

I believe I had the disappearing cursor issue once after I turned on the computer; I put the computer to "Sleep" for a short time and when logged in the cursor was acting normal.

This may not and will probably not help everyone but it is my resolution that continues to work.

Derral

Disappearing Cursor - All Apps/Programs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.