Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to delete an extraneous partition in Mac OS 10.14.3 and have it reincorporated into my main partition

Wiped the drive and reinstalled OS 10.14.3 plus all my data. Somehow I did not completely erase the entire drive and I am left with 2 partitions, my main partition of 940GB and the extraneous partition of 20GB. Is there a way to delete the 20GB partition and have it re-incorporated into the larger one as useable space?

Posted on Feb 24, 2019 11:11 AM

3 replies

Feb 24, 2019 11:35 AM in response to Paul Cohen1

Open Disk Utility and select the existing 940GB partition's name entry, i.e., what you named it. Click on the Partition button in Disk Utility's toolbar. This should display the partition circle/pie showing both partitions. Click in the small partition turning it from white to blue. Now click on the Delete [-] button below the pie to remove it. Click on the Apply button.

Is there a way to delete an extraneous partition in Mac OS 10.14.3 and have it reincorporated into my main partition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.