Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'All Mail' box gone from gmail account in MacMail

I can no longer see the 'all mail' folder for my gmail account in MacMail. For this mailbox in particular, I delete all mail messages when I am done with them--but Google wants to hold onto them and when I'm on the phone they get archived instead. So I like to clean-house by deleting everything from All Mail regularly.

As of a few months ago--I really don't know if this was with my switch to High Sierra (current OS) or an update since--I cannot see that 'All Mail' box in Mail on my Mac. It is still there in gmail via web browser.

Deleting and adding back the account and rebuilding my gmail mailbox in Mail have not helped. Creating a folder and calling it 'all mail' does not give it the property of displaying the archived messages I'm trying to kill.

Any other solutions to this continuing annoyance?

Posted on Feb 24, 2019 12:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2019 3:13 PM

The All Mail label in Gmail is mapped to the Archive folder.

Unless you like deleting twice, you can configure Gmail to delete messages you delete instead of saving them for information harvesting.

I also turn of All Mail in IMAP so I don't have to see it and it doesn't waste space on my Mac.

5 replies

'All Mail' box gone from gmail account in MacMail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.